Hi, I'm Jim! I'm a software engineer, and I hope to make the world a better place in some way throughout my life. Here are a few pictures of me:
Annoyingly Pointless Arguments, Resolved
My Active Social Media Pages:
My Favorite Movies
Some of My Favorite Quotes:
- Animal Spirits (A weekly podcast featuring Michael Batnick and Ben Carlson discussing all things financial markets, personal finance, and more.)
- The Inner Tube (A podcast for content creators.)
- Mack and Mike in the Morning (Mack and Mike discuss tech, life, and the tech lifestyle.)
- The Peter Attia Drive (Hosted by Peter Attia, MD, a doctor whose practice focuses on the applied science of longevity. The first live episode of Invest Like the Best, on which Peter appears as a guest, discusses longevity basics.)
- Rationality: A-Z (A set of sequences by Eliezer Yudkowsky on human rationality and irrationality in cognitive science. Changed my life.)
- Why I Am No Longer a Christian (A playlist of videos by Evid3nc3 explaining his life as a born-again Christian, his deconversion, and his life as an atheist. I finally became an atheist during the summer of 2012 after watching these videos.)
- "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- "Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn't end."
- "That's the thing...I don't think I believe in deep down. I kind of think all you are is just the things that you do."
--Diane, BoJack Horseman
- "If you once tell a lie, the truth is ever after your enemy."
- "We can never have enough of that which we really do not want."
- "It all adds up to normality."
--Greg Egan, Quarantine
- "Gifts are easy -- they're given after all. Choices can be hard. You can seduce yourself with your gifts if you're not careful, and if you do, it'll probably be to the detriment of your choices."
--Jeff Bezos, "We Are What We Choose"
- "No matter how much money you have, if you're still worried, you aren't wealthy."
- "Courage isn't just a matter of not being frightened, you know. It's being afraid and doing what you have to do anyway."
--The Third Doctor, Doctor Who